Wednesday, September 24, 2008

i've known you this long.

heart to heart.

I'm in BRUNEI! I arrived on Sunday, and it does feel awesome to be back! I'll only be staying for a week. I had a good time seeing everyone in school! To see how everything in JIS has changed slightly, attended English Lang and Biology with friends. So that was good!

My house has a different smell....... okay maybe its because i haven't been here in quite sometime, and typing on my PC feels weird too haha, oh well! I stayed over at Von's house yesterday and it was gooood, went to huaho to eat jollibee! (yes something singapore doesn't have! nyeh)

Marie Digby!!! :) has entered my favourites. Its superduperly cool how people can get famous through YOUTUBE! that reminds me YOUTUBE DOWNLOADER! :)

Well nothing much has been happening, i'm going for a movie with my parents later, good family bonding time :) I was just doing some thinking, because tomorrows my sisters 4th year. Time is like flying by, even though some days we drag to go to school and sometimes we have longggg days. But its here the 4th year. Wow. My mum told me to write in the bulletin this year, but i couldn't think of anything to write, is it safe to say that i'm still missing her? She'd be 20 this year! haha so old raeeeee, Man i miss celebrating birthdays with her urgh! She'd come up with best birthday suprises and fooood (her pasta still beats my dads! lol.) I know if Rae were still alive she'd love Marie Digby! and Youtube, and she'd be still bullying me, but then I wouldn't quite know how'd she be like by now, being 20 and all (mature?) haha. Well at least a little bit...

I love having a sister, but its okay that shes not here, i still have her @ heart. :) and I thank God for her life - 15 years! Praise God! Shes still in my heart and forever will be. So i have something to say about her.

My sister, Rachael. She had a heart for the lost and broken. Even though at times she was the victim of a terrible situation, she'd always put people before her, she loved to express her feelings through poems and songs, i'd hear them through her door almost every night, yes even pass midnight. The passion I saw in her laughter, in her songs, in her writting, i admire her the way she would score so high for english - then having my mom telling me that i should read more. haha! She loves the beach and watching oprah. The last proper movie i watched with her was "Ghost Ship" and this was after she came back from Acts 29's P3 camp. I got so scared during the movie and i squeeze my butt into her small chair - suprisingly she didn't complain, she'd tell me in the midst of me being scared that she had prayed for me.

I didn't know what any of that meant, but i've grown to understand now. She would normally get me into trouble yes, we're sisters. People couldn't see that we're related and we were happy that way. She'd stare at me in school, and i'd stick out my tougue, you know normal sister stuff. Painting nails, doing hairs, making cards all those. One thing we had in common, we loved to keep things, we're sentimental. Every chocolate wrapper, stamps, stickers, tissues, paper, you name it we had it! We'd compare and trade, believe me this was when she was 13 i think. She wore power ranger glasses in year 5, and i'd make fun of her... I had this recording where we were interviewing each other and i said in the beginning :

m: so this is my sister rachael lee kah mun
r: shut up mei! your ruining it.
m: so she is so pretty, and she has power ranger glasses HAHAHA *runs away*
r: STOP IT!! THIS IS NOT A INTERVIEW!
m: she has one two three...*gets smuthered*
r: i kiss you ah i kiss you (MUAHMUAHMUAH)
m: screams in horror!!

haha if you were wondering what i was counting, i was counting the number of pimples she had. hahahahahaha :) Oh how i love her and her sillyness, her creativeness, her smile, just about everything! I must say that i do feel bad for not being there for her, but i couldn't do anything - by then we were pretty much in our own worlds, until i faced the fact that she was dying - it changed then.

My sister wasn't a girl that loved to party, get peircings and all that craziness, yes she loved those things, but behind that she had a passion for a "Change". She had the heart for people. The things my mom showed me in her diary, really opened up my eyes to this girl that was so fair, wore glasses, loved oprah, hate mustard, my sister was all about. Its like i met her through the poems she made, and really got to know her - although i missed the chance to have this part in life with her, i'm alright with that :)

So, please don't feel sorry for me, i've told you about her. I have to say live each day to it's fullest - laugh everyday, share, make new friends, say i love you to your parents and siblings - Rae's last words were 'mei i love you, goodnight'.

When we were much younger then,
you know when i was seven and you were 10,
those were the best times with you,
where our childish games had no rules.

We'd stick gum in each others hairs,
we were selfish, even sweets we didn't share,
then threatening me with your kisses,
i'll always remember you, my dearest sister.

You were taken away,
without my last say,
when i read your words on paper,
did i then realise later.

"If tomorrow starts without me" you said,
my heart fell as i read,
you said you'd always be here,
even when i was far, or when i was near.

The last words will forever ring in me,
they brought me on a journey,
that you've always loved
you've always loved me.

I'll never take that for granted,
even as things become wanted,
i'll hold on to those words you meant,
and remember your heaven's sent.

When we were much younger then,
you know when i was seven and you were 10,
those were the best times with you,
where our childish games had no rules.

Okay i had a go with my poem skillssssss, ahah not that good but oh well! i'll update soon. :)



this is for you rae - "Unfold" by Marie Digby

cheers.

maylee

No comments: